<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 12, 2004

After sinking down into the sofa I set the little plate of tuna salad and crackers on my chest. The windows allowed a silhouette of trees from the west. I began reading.
I nibbled at the crackers while finishing the final chapters of my book. I half read and half thought of the watch I had found earlier in the attic. It belonged to my grandpa. The sales receipt was packed away with it. The date was that of my birthday. I felt happy. It was meant to be. Me and the watch. We layed flowers on the graves in the cemetery earlier. Not his. But he wanted me to find the watch anyway.
I will go back and put flowers on his. And I will not dig through the assortment of silk flowers my mother keeps handy. I will go and pick them myself.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Counters
La Redoute Coupons