<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 20, 2004

I have not written much lately. I almost feel the need to apologize.
But I won't.
I have been 'cramming' to catch up on current events which has led me on a insane reading frenzy that just won't stop. I've discovered news blogs and can't get enough. There are people out there who visit what has to be hundreds of websites daily and read massive amounts of information who then politely and neatly bundle and summarize it all for the rest of us. Like me. God bless these people.
I now have a little folder containing all my daily news reads.
I. am. a. dork.

Let's move on...

I have been listening to a conservative radio station for a while now solely because, as of right now, there are no liberal ones in my city, and I find it highly entertaining although I become irate most of the time. It baffles the mind the way these people think. They often refer to we liberals as Utopians and more recently, Useful Idiots, I assume meaning we are spreading the democratic word despite the fact we don't have any real facts to back ourselves up and for the most part don't know what the fuck we are preaching.
Earlier, my girlfriend and I were discussing the arguments THEY are trying to make against gay marriage. We were somewhat at a loss. I ran across the following moments ago and would like to kiss the person who wrote it. I give you this quote and hope you share it with many. Many closed-minded conservatives. And if you would like the link to the rest of the story please ask.

"The precise challenge for morally serious people is to make rational distinctions between what is arbitrary and what is essential in important social institutions. ... If you want to argue that a lifetime of loving, faithful commitment between two women is equivalent to incest or child abuse, then please argue it. It would make for fascinating reading. But spare us this bizarre point that no new line can be drawn in access to marriage or else everything is up for grabs and, before we know where we are, men will be marrying their dogs."



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Counters
La Redoute Coupons