<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 24, 2004

My girlfriend and I have both become huge fans of James Kochalka's Sketchbook Diaries almost overnight. Yeah, pretty much overnight.
Both of us has discovered a fresh new source of inspiration and we're almost giddy with excitement. And envy.

Who wouldn't love to earn their income exclusively working from home and getting to be creative? His storylines make him seem like such a slacker who doesn't deserve all his success, but it's evident it takes hard work and self-discipline to accomplish what he has.

We are both intent on keeping daily journals--mine in writing(not necessarily here)and hers in comic strip form.(Just like James!) It will be good practice for both of us. Plus, it will most likely provide plenty of material for our zine. (Still no name.) It will be interesting to compare different perspectives on our day...since we live together.

Yesterday, she drew a picture of me scrunched up against the dashboard of her car scared she would brake suddenly breaking my knee caps. She thought it was sort of funny, but I was genuinely scared for my knee caps. We were hauling the world's tallest bookcase home in the trunk with the seats folded down. I volunteered to put it together and organize all her stuff because it is perpetually scattered everywhere all the time. So that's what I am supposed to be doing today. Except it's lying half-assembled on the floor right now. I think I need to make more coffee.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Counters
La Redoute Coupons