<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Catsup, Ketchup, Catch Up!

FRIDAY

Me: I stopped at two different fireworks stands on the way home from my parent's house.

Her: Why?

Me: To look for Saddam Hussein or Osama Bin Laden fireworks.

Her: You can't set those off in town! They're really cracking down this year.

Me: Oh, I wasn't going to set them off -- I was just going to keep them as a memento. I'm too scared of firecrackers. You could lose a finger that way!

SATURDAY

I missed the women's final at Wimbledon. Damn. It was a good match.
Actually, they showed again immediately after the men's final on Sunday, but after watching that for two hours I was sick of tennis.

SUNDAY

Sometimes I think I'm too impressionable. After reading a story about a girl who spent two months riding her bike across the country, I suggested we pack a couple cans of beer into our backpacks and ride our bikes to watch the fireworks.

"Which fireworks? Where? You want to just get on our bikes and start riding? It will be dark soon. And you can't drink beer, remember?"

"Oh, yeah."

So we ended up bringing home Mexican food and making our own fireworks at home. Although, it was more like the little things you throw at the ground that pop. But we were tired from sitting around in the air conditioning all day.

MONDAY

We finally saw Fahrenheit 9/11. A little old lady outside of the theater asked what we thought of it. There was silence while we thought of a reply. Finally I said something about how "we liked it". She went off to her car. We decided that since we didn't know if she was a liberal or a conservative and didn't know what we were getting into, that would be our reason for not having anything profound to say about a film that kept us wide-eyed the entire two hours.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Counters
La Redoute Coupons