<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

FOOD BLOG

Creepy neighbor cornered us outside on the balcony to ask if we wanted some generic-brand macaroni and cheese dinners and a frozen cheese pizza. How weird is that? Anyway, she must have heard us talking and making noise while cleaning up a piece of wood paneling we found on the side of the road.

I had sort of rolled my eyes to myself when my g/f stooped down to look at it. I mean, what typical street-kid behavior. Dragging other people's garbage home to create "art" with. Except, she can actually draw and will make something wonderful that I will then find the perfect place for on the wall.

Getting back to creepy-neighbor...She explained that although she doesn't eat wheat, her pantry was stocked with several items for her wheat-eating relatives which have since gone home. And now she was looking to unload it all. We told her that I don't really eat wheat either which is a weird coincidence, and then my g/f mentioned something about eating them when I was out of town. Like a bachelor left home for days with no cooking skills.

I was handed two boxes of mac-n-cheese and a very small frozen pizza and went inside to answer the phone. I was happy it rang since I was in no mood for what awkward conversation loomed with creepy-neighbor.




My girlfriend has been buying large pieces of fruit lately.
First it was a cantaloupe, which we ate.
Then she bought another cantaloupe.
After it sat on the counter for a while
I asked her if she planned on eating it and she replied,
"Well, I actually meant to buy a honeydew melon instead."
I ended up throwing it out.
Finally, she brought home a honeydew melon.
Several weeks have passed.
It is sitting on the stove.
In her mind it has only been a few days.
I am starting to feel bad about wasting the fruit.
But not enough to eat it.
What kind of person does this make me.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Counters
La Redoute Coupons