<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 02, 2004

Yesterday evening my dad asked me if I wanted to go to the new seafood restaurant that opened recently. I told him no, that I had just eaten some left-over chicken and vegetables and also an entire bag of microwave popcorn. (I mentioned the entire bag of popcorn to shock you since it sure as hell doesn't shock me. It's a pretty regular occurrence where I finish off a bag, barely giving my g/f a little bowl's worth only after she asks.)

So anyway, I told him I wished I would have known beforehand that he wanted to go since I would have liked to have had seafood for dinner. We are big seafood eaters in my family.

Twenty minutes later he asked again if I wanted to go to the seafood place and I responded that we could go after I finished ironing my shirt. Then it occurred to me that it was after eight-thirty and the restaurant probably closed at nine. So he went to check the take-home menu which said they closed at nine. He said, "Oh" then "Well, let's go now."

I pulled on some pants and shoes and away we went. We arrived at eight forty-seven. He informed me he would be getting the shrimp, and if you knew my dad you would understand that, I too, should be ordering the shrimp. I decided to have a quick look at the menu before defiantly ordering the catfish.

Here is part of the menu. It is the COMBINATION SEAFOOD PLATTERS section. Try reading a little of it.

CP1 6 SHRIMP, 6 CRAWFISH TAILS
CP2 6 SHRIMP, 6 OYSTERS
CP3 6 SHRIMP, 6 SCALLOPS
CP4 9 SHRIMP, 9 SCALLOPS
CP5 2 FROG LEGS, 6 SHRIMP, 6 OYSTERS
CP6 6 SHRIMP , 6 OYSTERS, 6 CRAWFISH TAILS
CP7 9 SHRIMP, 9 CRAWFISH TAILS
CP8 9 SHRIMP, 9 OYSTERS
CP9 9 SHRIMP, 9 OYSTERS, 6 SCALLOPS
CP10 10 SHRIMP 10 OYSTERS, 10 CRAWFISH
CP11 12 SHRIMP, 12 OYSTERS
CP20 1 CATFISH, 6 SHRIMP
CP21 1 CATFISH, 9 SHRIMP
CP22 1 CATFISH, 4 SHRIMP, 6 OYSTERS
CP23 1 CATFISH, 5 SHRIMP, 5 OYSTERS
CP24 1 CATFISH, 5 SHRIMP, 5 OYSTERS, 5, CRAWFISH
CP25 1 CATFISH, 1 STUFFED CRAB, 8 CRAWFISH
CP26 1 CATFISH, 6 SHRIMP, 6 OYSTERS
CP27 1 CATFISH, 1 STUFFED CRAB, 6 SHRIMP
CP28 1 CATFISH, 2 SHRIMP, 3 OYSTERS, 3 CRAWFISH
CP29 1 CATFISH, 2 FROG LEGS, 3 SHRIMP, 4 OYSTERS
CP30 1 CATFISH, 1 STUFFED CRAB, 3 SHRIMP, 5 OYSTERS, 3 SCALLOPS, 10
CRAWFISH TAILS
CP31 1 STUFFED CRAB, 6 SHRIMP, 6 CRAWFISH TAILS
CP50 2 PC CATFISH, 6 OYSTERS
CP51 2 PC CATFISH, 9 SHRIMP
CP52 2 PC CATFISH, 9 OYSTERS
CP53 2 PC CATFISH, 7 SHRIMP, 7 OYSTERS


As you can see, it seems rather extensive. What I'd like to know is what if I wanted say, 1 Catfish, 4 crawfish tails, and 9 oysters? Or what about 1 catfish, 2 frog legs, 9 oysters, and 6 shrimp? What then? Not very accommodating after all, is it?

I would also like to know what happened to CP12 through CP19 and CP32 through CP49? Maybe I would enjoy those platters.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Counters
La Redoute Coupons