<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

:::.... No, I haven't disappeared off the face of the earth. But I do feel like I'm in the twilight zone. We're finally in our new place, but with no working phone line (No Internet) and up until about 3 hours ago, no hot water. Doesn't feel like much of a "luxury apartment" right now.

Yesterday I spent the day dragging furniture from one end of the room, to the other. I made my own little "sliders" out of pieces of cardboard that I then taped to the feet of the bed, the sofa, etc. I'm no longer able to just lug things across a very forgiving thick carpet. Our previous apartment had wood floors, but since it was technically Jenny's apartment I didn't feel right rearranging anything. Plus, I couldn't argue with someone who had a queen-sized bed shoved into a corner. I was never quite sure if she was more scared of monsters, or falling out of bed, but since I slept on the outside Jenny spent most of the night climbing over me to get to the bathroom. We both pee a lot. I can't decide who more than the other. On some occasions when especially tired, she would just roll over me. She was never too tired to exclaim, "Steam roll!" as she did so, however.

And just when I thought the moving was over, my Dad and I took what was left of my belongings out of storage and loaded it into the bed of his truck. The plan was to just pile it in and sort through it all at their house. But as I looked at pieces of my past falling out of this box or that bag, my only thoughts of these things that once mattered, were "Jesus...that's one more fucking book that has to fit somewhere in the new place. And when did I buy these fancy Christmas stockings?" As we became more tired, the piles became more small until we finally closed the tailgate and drove away.

Goodbye Public Storage. Oh and fuck you for flooding my storage space. Twice.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Counters
La Redoute Coupons