<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 09, 2005

:::.... Seattle was the best! Except it made me realize what a deadbeat existence I've been leading for the past few years. Everyone in the city was young and vibrant and had big, big plans. You could just tell. It's never too late to go back to school and make something of my life, I know. But youth is something you can't reclaim no matter how hard you try. Being there changed me a little. Although Houston is ugly and hot, there are plenty of people around to make me at least feel young and creative. I feel like I stand out a little, where as before I just wanted to disappear wherever I went. I don't feel intimidated anymore. The hipsters here are just poseurs and the snobby women with their cell phones are just sad and pathetic.

Getting back to our trip...I am working on a photo journal. Who knows when it will be done. Until then here are a few things we did in Seattle.

1. Ate breakfast at somewhere different and unique every morning.
2. Found some really great indie comics and free baseball cards for my mom.
3. Watched Team America and Watership Down the movie. (I'm pretty sure we drove our host nuts pointing out what was and wasn't the same as in the book until the credits rolled.)
4. Got over my hang-up of only purchasing souvenirs that are representative of the city and bought tons of stuff.
5. Drank vodka tonics and Amstel light.
6. Watched a man on the plane ride home take off his head wrap and sit it in the the seat next to him. This seemed odd. It stayed in one piece.
7. Ate the sweetest, juiciest peach I will ever have in my life.

Number 8 might have been 'sleeping on an air mattress', but while inflating it we realized it was too tiny for me and Jenny both so Joanna let us have her bed. And for this one giant display of kindness I am eternally grateful. I remember offering to sleep on it, (did I?) and knowing the decision had already been made. Every night we climbed into her big comfy bed with the two quilts while in the living room she squatted down onto sofa cushions laid out on the floor. This girl has a heart of gold.

Oh yeah, and we sold lots of our stuff. I had Jenny make the self-defense moves I found into a little guide book. She drew wild animals snatching purses and breaking noses. It was a big hit. They will be available soon on our website. Everyone needs to scrape up some dough!


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Counters
La Redoute Coupons