<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 15, 2005

:::.... Yesterday while searching the local resale/thrift shops I hit gold. As in GOLD. I realized right away after entering the little church resale shop that it wasn't my speed. Everything was clean and organized and priced accordingly. Kinda hard to make a profit. But being so proud of myself for even finding the place, I went ahead and browsed a bit. Sets of dishes that actually matched, antique-looking furniture,....a wedding dress. Nope. This is definitely not the place.

But wait -- What's that over there? Records! And they're not all shitty and scratched and by some obscure weird artist from Brazil. What's that I see?...Book of Love, Bronski Beat, The The, Eurythmics?!! Holy cow! My heart began to race. I looked around quickly to see who else was ready to pounce on all the beautiful vinyl. No one was in sight. I began pulling records left and right. Wheels on Fire 12" by Siouxsie and the Banshees, Kate Bush's Hounds of Love...I felt dizzy. I counted the cash in my wallet. I put back records, and pulled new ones. I counted and recounted. A man in his forties walked up and stood next to me. I started to sweat. My breathing was labored. "Get away from here! They're mine. All of them, do you hear?!" Somebody, somewhere is going to take me aside and tell I'm dreaming.

After calculating exactly how many albums I could buy with my eighteen dollars I walked slowly from the shelf...The records held firmly against my chest. Wait,....another box. I've done my damage. Nothing could top -- Oh. My. God. Louder Than Bombs by The Smiths. I sank to the floor and almost wept. I plopped two albums back in the box and snatched the double LP.

What a day!

Here is my list of goodies:

Book of Love - Self-titled
The Bolshoi - Friends
The the - Infected
Eurythmics - 1984, Original music from the score of the movie 1984
Kate Bush - Hounds of Love
Siouxsie and the Banshees - Wheel's on Fire 12"
Bronski Beat - Hit That Perfect Beat 12" (early ass dance classic)
Erasure - Circus
Judy Garland and the Mantovani orchestra - Merry Christmas (No, it's not Christmas, but I'm not waiting to buy this one.)

and last, but certainly not least...

The Smiths - Louder Than Bombs, double LP with everything from Hand in Glove, Heaven Knows I'm misrable now, Ask, Shoplifters of the World Unite, Rubber Ring, and so much more!

One or more of these titles may show up in the Garage Sale section of Monkey Do Collective. Oh,and speaking of which, there are spanking new items up for sale there, so go to the homepage now!


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Counters
La Redoute Coupons