<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 16, 2006

:::.... This article detailing how American Idol is clobbering this year's winter Olympics, in ratings, makes me feel a lot less guilty about not giving a crap about them.

Watching the Olympics, in my opinion, is a lot like the Christmas holiday...Best enjoyed, and way more exciting, for children and their parents. I mean, what twenty or thirty-something comes home and relaxes in front of the TV to watch figure skating? And how is someone from the south supposed to identify with snow skiing or bobsledding? I watched the Olympics as a kid, and maybe one day when I have a child of my own I will become excited again upon hearing him dream of winning a gold medal. And I'll do my best to not ask questions like, "Are you sure you want to do that? Look at their legs. You don't want ugly muscular legs like that do you?"

Until then, I will continue to watch shows like Lost, where the next day I put on a pot of coffee and take my time sipping and reading what everyone thought of last night's episode.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Counters
La Redoute Coupons